Friday 22 March 2019

Unholy Romance! Plot & Reviews


Unholy Romance!

Rom-Com Genre - "The most scandalous rom-com to hit the bookshelves...ever!"

(37 five star reviews on Amazon to-date!) 

                                                              OVER 18'S ONLY!

"A ROMANTIC RELIGIOUS PARODY"

WARNING!
(Please do not purchase if easily offended!)


PLOT

Unholy Romance! is a hilarious story about Jesus Christ’s second coming. His task, if he can manage to stay alive this time, is to conceive a new set of Commandments which are more relevant to the 21st century than those left behind in stone by ‘old lick-arse’ Moses.

For thirty days, Jesus must live amongst the human race as one of their own, adopting their ways, savage and all as that may be. By doing this he will learn to appreciate his subjects true motivations and so develop more appropriate Commandments. His only ammunition on earth during his brief stay is an allowance of three miracles. As instructed by his dad, God the Father, Jesus must communicate the Commandments to the people through a diary, which he will leave behind as the new Bible. It is this diary that forms the basis for Unholy Romance!

Above all else, this is a tale of an unlikely and ultimately passionate romance between Jesus Christ and Megan Milligan, a feisty, Irish phone sex operator and devoted atheist, as they struggle to come to terms with an unplanned pregnancy!


LITERARY AGENT COMMENT:

"Other samples on the subject of Jesus' return to modern earth have passed across our desks here, but none have shown such promise. I do think this is hilarious and would like to see it in print."
PMA Literary & Film Management INC, New York.

THE REVIEWS:

‘I was in floods of laughter. A great read.’ NOAH

‘It definitely shows a darker side to Jesus, which I would be delighted to take the credit for.’ THE DEVIL

‘I have the inside track on the book, which I will sell to the highest bidder.’ JUDAS

‘I wash my hands of this disturbingly controversial page turner.’ PONTIUS PILATE

‘I’d need to see some evidence that Jesus actually wrote this book before commenting.’ DOUBTING THOMAS

‘Go on my son! GOD THE FATHER

‘I could have done with this great read while I was lost in the desert, when all I had for entertainment was a bunch of ‘are we there yet?’ moaners! MOSES

‘It’s a great book of two halves…and a cover! KING SOLOMON




ACTUAL 5* AMAZON REVIEWS:

5.0 out of 5 stars Hallelujah, 16 Nov 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
this book was an absolute giggle fest and should replace the existing bible. Everything from the book cover to the fake reviews at the beginning was BRILLIANT and I have to say I will never look at my cat the same ever again. loved it loved it loved it 


5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Nov 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Funny and I hope Derick writes more soon.
  

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny as check!, October 28, 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
I know there is a lot of stuff said that's hard to swallow, but it is still funny. I plan on reading more from this author.


5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible- newer and improved testament, August 28, 2014
By
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Paperback)
If pokes at religion, God, Jesus, Mary, and the rest of the flock upset you or maybe you consider it sacrilegious and offensive, then you will want to avoid this bit of blasphemy written by what appears to be the devils' minion himself, Derick Hudson. But I hope to God you are not so you can read this hilariously funny book. I had this in my kindle for over a year before I got to it and I'm kicking myself because it's so insanely good. If you need a laugh and just want to read something incredibly witty- buy this one now. I found myself thinking over and over- where does he get these ideas and think of such crazy things to write. It's really good and I think Jesus would be happy if you bought it to because he's feeling a bit irrelevant lately.


5.0 out of 5 stars a book to get your hands on, 9 Aug 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
what can I say this is another great read from derick! iv now got a new fav author. this book has such funny things happening, I "oh ed" & "ar ed" smiled, laughed to myself, out loud, hands up to my mouth "no he didn't" you know what I mean, I hope!!! it was also a book I could put down & not get lost when I went back to it, which I like sometimes, saying that you could easy just read & read till finished.all in all you will love it. (sorry about my spelling)


5.0 out of 5 stars Best read iv had in years, and i read all the time! July 26, 2014
By
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Paperback)
I wish I could give this book a 6, well I just did!! iv tweeted that I don't do romance books but this is hardly that! Loved it, was a grand idea using jesus & da family in the today world iv never come across that before. I’m glad I read this book as if im out & about something will jog my memory about the book and I’m smiling like god the cat (I may look bit silly at the lights me sat there grining like a Cheshire cat!!) is clever is funny I didn't want to put it down. I hope in the future we could see how Jesus & the family are getting along. will have to be a book from derrick soon as iv nearly read them all, and iv enjoyed every one so far. Thanks to derrick for giving me what I needed, laughter.


5.0 out of 5 stars We're all going to heaven lads, 13 July 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaa
Another Winner from mr Hudson
Jesus is sent from heaven for 30 days to get people believing again, along the way he falls in love and tries drinking a few other things. A laugh out loud book, could split people the same life of Brian did.
So do things work out for Jesus you will have to read it to see!


5.0 out of 5 stars Good for girls! 21 April 2014
By
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Just finished this great book. I laughed from start to finish, some of the one-liners are priceless! I cannot imagine anyone being really offended by this book, in fact the new Commandments are amazing, we girls get a much better deal than in the originals which can't be a bad thing! Give Unholy Romance a go for a fun but in some ways quite believable take on the second coming.


5.0 out of 5 stars Learn your new commadments, March 20, 2014
By
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
This book was way too funny! Being a non Christian I found this book to be hilarious!!!!!!!
Replace your crosses with spoons and don't take part in reality TV. I know of some uptight religious people that would fall over dead from reading this hilarious book about a so called God and he's so called ideas and rules for Christians. Like God leaving out the commandment of forbidding Catholic priests of acting out sexual fantasies. And twelve commandment's instead of 10.
Commandment number two had to be my favorite. Bring on the yummy chocolates LOL! So if your not easily offended READ THIS BOOK!!! And if you are a Christian that is still easily offended you still NEED to read this book and see that some of use don't care about your so called rules.


5.0 out of 5 stars A fun book but not for everybody, 28 Jan 2014
By
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
I would say that to read this book you must not be too sensitive because Derick Hudson really satirises religion. It is very funny though with God making his presence known as a cat and Jesus having to flog stuff on TV shopping channels. Derick Hudson is the Angela Carter of the 21st Century - very funny, very witty and likeable characters.


5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh a minute - Must read, 27 Jan 2014
By
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Derick leaves all worries about controversy and blasphemy at the door and takes this comic novel where a lot of authors are afraid to go ! I sat down and read it cover to end in one go (food breaks necessary) as it had me hooked from the start. Keep them coming Mr Hudson.


5.0 out of 5 stars Real Laugh Out Loud Reading, December 30, 2013
By
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
This book is the funniest I have ever read! People were actually giving me odd looks as I read it on the train and could not contain my involuntary laughter! Oh, how so much truth is told! The thought behind the story is one most of us have wondered about if it happened now....and the humour in how Derick has portrayed his story is brilliant! Daughter is now reading it and laughing out loud as I did! It was also quite heart warming. They say Good is close to Evil and Derick has found just the right way to tell of the odd but good to hear 'friendship' between Jesus and Lucifer to make it funny yet in no way offensive as he retains his own moral beliefs! This book brings Religion into the 21st century!!! I love the way this author writes and tells a story. Highly recommended!!


5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good one! 1 Dec 2013
Format:Kindle Edition
I keep finding amazing authors via Twitter, and Derek Hudson is no exception. I found Unholy Romance to be a really funny and clever book, and well worth a read. I liked it so much I am now on to Dysfunctional Romance, and can already tell that it's not going to disappoint.


5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious !! October 14, 2013
By Carolyn
Format:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase
This is the second Derick Hudson book I've read and I found it so satisfying on a million different levels. Funny? Yes. Witty? Yes. Offensive? Delightfully. You have to read this book!


5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud, 13 Oct 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Laughed out loud hilarious book , Derek Hudson fantastic really enjoyed this humour . Genuinely laughed out loud five stars plus


5.0 out of 5 stars WWJD September 8, 2013
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
To those who've ever wondered if the creation was just one giant science experiment gone slightly askew, you may or may not be correct. You will, however LYAO at the Trinity's attempts to right some old earthly wrongs and institute some new commandments. You will also have to pay close attention to the set ups, or you will miss where the author is going with the bit. The book is a quick and worthy read as once J. C. settled down to business the story turned into a side-splitting good time. Very well done.


5.0 out of 5 stars Well Derrick, 27 Aug 2013
By
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Paperback)
you certainly didn't disappoint with this book. Hilarious and I laughed my head off all the way through it. Read it in a day lying on the beach so I can blame you for my white book shaped bits too. Just loved it though - keep on writing cos it was fantastic!


5.0 out of 5 stars Not for a goody two shoes, 3 Aug 2013
By
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
This book was so funny, not for the religious person, take it all tongue in cheek, a great read, I practically fell off the chair reading it Tears were tripping me.


5.0 out of 5 stars Derick Hudson does it again!, 19 July 2013
By
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Paperback)
Another of Derick Hudson's fantastic books.
Jesus returns to earth to make new commandments for the modern man and to restore people's faith in Christianity ...resulting in a few disasters along with some fantastic results. Both God (as a cat) and Satan make an appearance too and are joined by Jesus's one and only disciple which ultimately creates the plot for a very unholy romance. Very funny - a book you will not want to put down!
I stumbled upon Hudson's books after reading Dysfunctional Romance - and they only seem to be getting better!


5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny but not if easily offended, 28 Jun 2013
By
zoggy (Manchester,Uk) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
This is a very funny book and must be read by everyone willing to look at an alternative story of Jesus, god and the Holy Ghost. This is the story of Jesus's second coming done the right way. I laughed from start to finish.



5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed so much my face ached! 24 Mar 2013
By elliebo
Format:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase

This is the second book Ive read written by Derick Hudson the first been Dysfunctional Romance was utterly hilarious,and this one Unholy Romance did not dissappoint .I read it it in half a day and laughed so much my face actually ached....
Jusus comes back to earth to save his fathers dwindling name and enters each happening in the form of a diary and re writes the ten commandments. His day to day dalies are so funny and each of us can relate to everything he comes accross. I Dont want to spoil the book so buy it and read it for yourselves you wont regret it.
Love these books and Derick Hudson is fast becoming my favourite author..keep them coming Derick..


5.0 out of 5 stars
5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud hilarious, 23 Jan 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book. Its a book that will most definitely be read in one sitting. You will be laughing your little cotton socks off from beginning to end. If you buy this make sure you buy dysfunctional romance too, as i guarantee you will want to start it straight away!


5.0 out of 5 stars Clearly, this lad is not "right", 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
And just as clearly, this is a good thing. Wicked fun, this is. I was reminded of C. S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters", although, admittedly, liberties are taken in "Unholy Romance" that would cause some Lewis fans to blanch (at least)or go into full cardiac arrest (at worst). I've gained a new appreciation for the Irish wit, and it was appreciated even before this reading. I'm not much of an imbiber, but reading this made me want find a pub and try some of the lukewarm, dark, heavy stuff. Cheers...and laughter! especially for anyone prone to taking himself too seriously.


5.0 out of 5 stars  Must Buy Read, 17 Jan 2013
By
N. Booth "Nicky B" (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Read both of this author's books and bursting now for the next!
I read Unholy Romance! in one sitting as I couldn't put it down - the hook was fantastic; sleep that night was not a priority for me.
Anyone who likes a good belly laugh MUST READ THIS.
It definitely gives you a new perspective on the heavenly family :)


5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 4 Jan 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Having read Dysfunctional Romance I had to download this book too. I was a little dubious - not in a religious way - to read a book about the second coming of Jesus as I really didn't think it would be for me. Nothing could have prepared me for the brilliance of this book. The "up to date" Commandments are actually "laugh out loud" funny as are the antics that Jesus, his dad, best man Lucifer and the gay Holy Ghost get up to - pure genius and a definite must read!


5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Hudson read, 30 Dec 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
After having read Dysfunctional Romance I thought that Derick Hudson had a lot to live up to trying to compete with what was possibly the funniest book I have ever read and... He did it!
Loved this book from the minute it hit my new Kindle Fire.
Hudson has written of the second coming, with the challenge of Jesus Christ rewriting the Commandments with ones that are a little more up to date.
Read this book in a day and loved every word of it. The characters were just as you would imagine if they were to appear on earth, even the devil seemed to have some likeable qualities.
Jesus and his take on modern society and his relationship with the lovely Megan are very well written and Side splittingly funny but I could imagine if you were of a religious disposition you could possibly find this book a tad offensive.
Derick, you've done it again and I loved it! Can't wait for your next book!


5.0 out of 5 stars loved it 30 Dec 2012 By sammy nelson
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
I read this book in a day, i loved it and couldn't put it down, it was witty and humorous, The new commandments made me laugh as i could imagine if the good lord himself were to come back to earth the first thing he would do would update a few things. The way the author made light of the different characters i thought was very imaginative, he even made the devil himself seem almost likable.If you are looking for a pick me up and a book that will make you laugh i totally recommend Unholy Romance.

  
5.0 out of 5 stars Unholy romance., 13 Dec 2012
By 
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
Derick what can I say ,you've done it again . I loved dysfunctional romance never thought you could come close to following with an equally funny book but you have. What a great read and side splittingly funny . I'm hoping everyone who bought your last book also get this . If you want a good laugh you have to get this it will keep you laughing to the end . Derick your a genius and can't wait for your next book fabulous read.


5.0 out of 5 stars A cry with laughing book 13 Dec 2012 By lorraine
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
i had thought i'd never find a book as funny as Dysfunctional Romance, however after reading Unholy Romance i found i was very very wrong, i've forgot how many times i had to put it down because i couldn't see the words through the tears of laughter. It really should come with a gym membership as i now have a six pack from laughing so hard.


5.0 out of 5 stars Another hilarious book from this author 12 Dec 2012
By Nicola_77 TOP 1000 REVIEWER
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
This book should come with health warning as I cried laughing quite a few times and ended up putting it down to calm down a few chapters in as my ribs were in agony! It's certainly not a book for the sensitive, but if you're not easily offended, or of a religious disposition, this really is a great read.Jesus, the protagonist, is witty, a tad un-pc and his relationship with Megan is unconventional and amusing. God, Lucifer and the Holy Ghost are all crackers and their antics along with Jesus' quest to re-write the commandments result in a book that rarely has a dull moment and I can happily recommend.



5.0 out of 5 stars Another GREAT Read!! December 5, 2012
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
What a wonderful second novel!! But just like the first (Dysfunctional Romance), I actually found myself laughing-out-loud! I, for one, would love to think that God has a sense of humor and if He truly does - He would give this book 5 stars!! And also, I will never see a spoon again without thinking of Jesus Christ - a much more pleasant image!!! LOL


5.0 out of 5 stars humerous take on Catholic faith 2 Dec 2012
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
Very enjoyable read. I read this in one sitting and found it very funny but think seriously religious people might be a bit upset.



5.0 out of 5 stars So far, excellent, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Unholy Romance! (Kindle Edition)
I've just started this hilarious book and when the holidays are over, I will finish it. When the British author "followed" me on Twitter, I checked out the tease on Kindle. All I can say is give it a shot. However, if you take your religion so seriously that you can't look at the humor of a quasi-profane (in my opinion) exchange between God and Jesus, you might take offense. Premise: God sends Jesus back to the planet to re-write the Ten Commandments for modern society.


5.0 out of 5 stars Most entertaining! 2 Dec 2012By Pen Name
Format:Kindle Edition
An unusual take on the second coming in our modern world with all it's foibles. What would Jesus do if he returned now?! Enjoyable, but not for the sensitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unholy Author! 29 Nov 2012 By Dutchology Format:Kindle Edition             Hudson has managed to toe and sometimes teeter over the line of blasphemy with this one. I've enjoyed reading the book, whose title is very apt. It's unholiness at its best (or worst, depending on your views). I don't recommend it to the more sensitive type, but those with a strong backbone and the ability to take a pop at religion on the chin will definitely enjoy this book. Get reading!